People in Need was founded as a humanitarian organization to help people in crisis situations around the world and to support the implementation of human rights.
People in Need works in four areas. It: provides relief aid and development assistance, defends human rights and democratic freedom, administers social integration programs. In the Czech Republic and Slovakia provides informative and educational activities.
PIN is one of the largest organizations of its kind in post-communist Europe, and has administered projects in 50 countries over the past 20 years. For more information please see www.peopleinneed.cz.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Regional Logistician for Africa
Duration: 1 year
Location: Zambia with regular trips to Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Ethiopia
Starting date: asap
A few words about the mission/department.
PIN has been in Africa for more than 10 years. We are currently working in four African countries - Angola, Ethiopia, Zambia and Congo. We help the local population to improve living standards through projects focusing on agriculture, civil society, gender, health, nutrition, water, sanitation and, last but not least, education. In the case of conflicts, natural disasters or other crises, we come to the areas with the necessary humanitarian aid.
With guidance and supervision from the Regional Head of Systems and Operations, the Regional Logistician will be responsible for providing technical support, guidance and supervision to support logistics departments of PIN’s response in Zambia, Angola, DRC, and Ethiopia. The Regional Logistician will ensure that procedures and processes are in place, unified, and in line with PIN’s and donor guidelines. The selected candidate will work jointly with the Country Director, the managers of support departments (HR, finance and logistics), and Programme Managers in contributing towards development and improvement of programme quality, oversight and impact in Africa region.
- Ensure that Operations support the implementation of the Country Strategies and that procedures and regulations are implemented in full transparency and in accordance with donor and PIN rules;
- Ensure standardization of processes/procedures related to operations of logistics departments;
- Provide technical support and guidance and trainings to Logisticians to ensure effective operations and coordination between the office management, fleet management, procurement, stock and assets management;
- Oversee the budgets of logistics department of Zambia Country Programme, improve needs planning and coordination, and contribute to planning needs for new projects with regard to logistics department;
- Ensure effective communication between logistics and programme department in Zambia;
- Ensure that key support policies are continuously updated as required and appropriate to the context;
- Ensure compliance with local legislation, rules and regulations in terms of visas, tax, and labor law in Zambia.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Significant previous experience with managing systems, logistics and administration
- Experience with team management and supervision
- Experience of working within a humanitarian and/or development organization
- Knowledge of PIN processes and procedures is advantage
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English
- Strong coordination, organizational, critical analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of IT network set up and basic maintenance of IT technique
How to apply:
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and a short cover letter in English via this link.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.