Regional MEAL Manager - Africa
Line managed by: Deputy Regional Director - Africa
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. https://www.peopleinneed.cz
- Build capacity and support People in Need’s (PIN) country programmes in Africa (Angola, DRC, Ethiopia, Mali and Zambia) in developing and implementation of their monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) frameworks and procedures.
- Ensure the use of technically appropriate monitoring and evaluation processes and practices, that are aligned with PIN MEAL standards.
- Enhance quality of programs, and implementation of MEAL systems, knowledge transfer and learning process to increase quality of PIN’s work.
- In case of need engages in proposal writing process and related capacity building at country level as per priorities identified together with the Deputy/Regional Director and RGDM for Africa
- Assures MEAL compliance with PIN standards and procedures and alignment with RDD strategy, through regular coordination with colleagues in Country Programme (CP) offices.
- Supports creating a country programme (CP) MEAL strategy in line with CP needs and best MEAL practice, with practical guidelines, which can be used and followed by the team and non-MEAL specialists.
- Establishes and develops MEAL units in CPs to provide independent and quality oversight of programmes. Wherever MEAL units is non-existent or functioning, acts as a focal point for MEAL.
- Provide project MEAL technical support and guidance to MEAL staff, Project Managers and other relevant staff in both a structured manner and on a case by case basis, including support/carry out data collections, assessments and reviews and support/conduct data analysis.
- Support implementation of external evaluations (including feeding into ToR preparation) and undertake in-depth internal evaluations, especially on projects/programs, which will not have any external review.
- Provide technical input on MEAL to project proposals
- Complete regular field visits to ensure technical oversight and support, identify needs, and ensure quality programming
- Develop capacity of MEAL, non-MEAL staff and partners in key areas of project MEAL planning, implementation, accountability, complaint and feedback response mechanisms (which can be used also for reporting safeguarding issues), qualitative and quantitative research techniques and analysis, and promote understanding of the value of MEAL
- Identify technical gaps and support identification of appropriate capacity building opportunities
- Coordinate the design and implementation of accountability systems for PIN projects together with programme teams
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs and the M&E findings with project staff and implementing partners
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience within the field of project management, monitoring and evaluation, grant management, of which 2 in a similar role
- Experience working with International NGOs
- Knowledge of Results-based Monitoring, PDM, data collection and data analysis, internal and external evaluations
- Experience in participatory assessment and community-based monitoring approaches
- Experience with capacity building of national staff in the area of MEAL and facilitating trainings and workshops
- Technological awareness and knowledge of analytical software (MS office, Kobo, Stata, SPSS, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills (English)
PEOPLE IN NEED OFFERS:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization
- Being part of a committed, professional and friendly team
- Salary according to PIN salary scale
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- PIN covers all costs related to travelling to country programmes (vaccinations, flight tickets etc.)
- Health and psychological support when travelling to country programmes
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).