Position: Safeguarding Advisor
Contract Length: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: HQ
Line Manager: Accountability Manager
About the role:
The main tasks of the Safeguarding Advisor (SA) are to support effective implementation of the PIN safeguarding policies and procedures; provide advice, capacity building and support to PIN staff to enable them to proactively identify and mitigate safeguarding risks; and strive for safeguarding measures to be built in PIN systems.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Safeguarding (SG) Capacity development
- Build awareness and understanding of safeguarding at PIN (and PIN associates when relevant), e.g. provide training for PIN staff, develop and disseminate awareness raising materials
- Support Country programmes safeguarding officers (focal points) to fulfil their duties as required, e.g. build their capacities, support sharing of best practices across the CPs
- Actively participates in internal as well as external trainings and knowledge networks, cascade relevant learnings and tools internally
- Contribute to organizational compliance with safeguarding standards, e.g. initiate policy updates when relevant
- Be an active member of HQ SG task force
SG Procedures and systems
- Support Country programmes in proper use of PIN SG tools and procedures through cooperation with SG officers/FPs or respective process owners, when relevant initiate development of new tools and procedures
- Monitor implementation of PIN SG standards, strive for improvements where serious deficiencies were identified, e.g. check SG part of CP’s checklist and plan with CP’s SG officer/FP correction of deficiencies
- Bring inputs to update of HQ Risk Register with safeguarding issues
- Keep up to date overview of PIN contractual safeguarding obligations set by donors, share updates with SG task force
- Report deficiencies and risks to Accountability Manager.
Acts as PSEA focal point
- Learn from and represent PIN position in relevant PSEA platforms (e.g. CHS Alliance PSEA CAP, PSEA task force
- Work as a member of investigation task force and support internal investigation processes as required
- Participate during the update of Investigation guidelines and related documents, initiate updates when need is observed
- As a PSEA focal point – advise on case management procedures when PSEA cases are investigated
Focus on Ethiopia and Nepal
- Support Nepal and Ethiopia with project LeaveNoGirlBehind;
- safeguarding action plan update and monitoring its implementation;
- safeguarding-related activities required as per donors’ conditions.
- Proven experience of working in similar role, ideally more than 2 years
- Experience with providing methodological support and capacity development to various teams ; knowledge of / experience in implementing safeguarding standards in programs and operations
- Experience in developing / working on internal policies and procedures (policies, SOPs
- Experience in conducting internal administrative investigations is welcomed
- Knowledge of internationally recognized Ethical conduct-related; Safeguarding and PSEAH -related standards
- Experience with working culturally diverse environment, capacity to respect and adapt to various cultures
- Fluency in English (including technical terminology), knowledge of other languages (French, Portuguese, Russian) is welcomed
- Adherence to principles entailed in PIN Code of conduct and Key policies, high standard of moral and personal integrity
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- Salary according to the PIN salary scale;, starting up on 40 000 – 44 500
- 25 days of annual leave and Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Laptop and mobile phone with the company tariff
- Child day care for employees´ children (kindergarten in the building of our office in Prague)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Multisport card for sports and recreation in Czech Republic
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
- PIN covers costs related to traveling abroad such as flights, accommodation, medical check-ups, vaccinations, travel insurance etc.
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).