Senior Data Analysis & Reporting Officer
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Starting date: ASAP
Line Manager: M&E Coordinator
About the PIN:
People in Need delivers assistance in Northern Syria addressing the needs of IDPs and hosting communities in several sectors such as food security, livelihoods, shelter, protection, education and WASH. PIN is well-established organization with several field offices, direct implementation and more than 400 employees. Main office sits in Erbil and provides support services to field teams inside Syria. PIN’s contribution to the Syria humanitarian response is amongst the largest, with an annual turnover of over $35 million across Syria and funding from humanitarian donors including ECHO, OFDA, FFP, SDC.
PIN’s key programming sectors in NES include a combination of early recovery and immediate humanitarian response programs in order to:
- Improve water service delivery and ensuring equitable access to Water and Hygiene services, in urban and rural areas;
- Improve food security;
- Improve access to shelter;
- Improve economic recovery and livelihoods recovery;
- Improve children psychosocial wellbeing
General Description of the Role:
PIN Syria is seeking a Senior Data Analysis & Reporting Officer to join its Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team and lead data analysis and reporting processes based on information collected by the M&E teams and through Community Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CFRM). The post holder will report directly to the Erbil-based M&E Coordinator in close coordination with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Managers in Gaziantep/Turkey and Derik/Syria. The M&E Senior Data Analysis & Reporting Officer will play a key role in improving data analysis, reporting and learning practices within the MEAL and Programmes Department.
- Lead the process of data processing and analysis, ensure preparation of monitoring and assessment reports based on primary and secondary data
- Provide feedback on data quality and, in close cooperation with M&E Coordinator, support M&E teams in addressing gaps in quality assurance
- Create and update automated data visualization and reporting platforms for wider dissemination of assessment, monitoring and evaluation activity findings
- Support the introduction and application of PIN’s Beneficiary Information Management System (Humansis)
- Support M&E Coordinator and MEAL Managers in development of methodological framework for research/studies and assessment/monitoring/research tools
- Support MEAL Managers and Programme Managers in designing and preparing assessments and evaluations, providing technical expertise and inputs as required
- Develop presentations and participate in discussions with M&E and Programme staff on assessment, monitoring and evaluation findings to support learning
- Deliver trainings on data processing, analysis and reporting
- Completed university degree in any Social Sciences discipline, Statistics or other relevant field
- At least 2 years of experience in research/assessment/M&E including tool development, data analysis and report writing
- Experience and interest in handling and analysing complex data sets
- Demonstrable research and high-standard writing skills, with prior experience of applying quantitative and/or qualitative social research methods. Ability to write clear and effective assessment and monitoring reports in English
- Proficiency with basic statistical techniques
- High degree of familiarity with digital data gathering software packages (Kobo ToolBox, or similar), data visualization tools (Microsoft PowerBI, or similar), and data analysis software (Stata, SPSS, R, or similar)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High level of professional proficiency in spoken and written English, Arabic desirable
- Prior work experience in database management
- Prior work experience with an international NGO
- Prior work experience with grant management and/or reporting
- Knowledge of community feedback and complaints mechanisms and other accountability mechanisms
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions:
- This position is an unaccompanied and it is based in Erbil. Erbil accommodation is in a PIN Guesthouse with individual guestrooms and shared bathroom, living room and kitchen. All sites have internet.
- Security situation in Erbil is generally good with a potential for a good social life with restaurants, bars and gyms and a large expat community.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and PIN's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
People in Need offers:
- Salary: 2 900-3100 EUR per month (including per diems)
- Accommodation in PIN’s guesthouse on PIN’s expenses;
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work, plus R&R benefits according to PIN’s Syria Mission HR policy;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online
- Tavel health insurance
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter (no more than 4 pages) via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).