Senior Financial Advisor
Starting date: ASAP, based on agreement
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension to open contract
Engagement: full time
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 23 countries worldwide. In 2023, almost 2 000 staff members worked in our Relief and Development Department (RDD) in Asia, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe.
Our growing team in Prague is looking for a new colleague to become Senior Financial Advisor.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Senior Financial Advisor is a member of RDD Finance Advisory Unit (FAU). FAU team provides methodological and technical guidance to RDD finance staff at both HQ Prague and in Country Programmes, contributes to development of internal systems and procedures and prepares various financial analyses and reports for operational and strategic RDD Management decisions.
- Critical thinker with a big picture orientation combined with strong analytical skills
- Expertise in finance - including grants management, financial planning, monitoring of compliance with conditions and guidelines (internal and external) and internal control systems development and implementation
- Knowledge of PIN’s internal procedures used in Country Programmes or similar experience
- IT literacy, advanced knowledge of MS Excel, working experience with accounting and economic software
- Additional accounting and/or auditing background is advantage
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fluent English (both verbal and written)
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Occasional short-term trips to PIN Country Programmes
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Starting gross salary 42 000 – 53 000 CZK based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale (in case of less experience it is possible that the candidate would be a specialist)
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need involves. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.