Senior Financial Advisor (Prague)
Starting date: ASAP, based on agreement
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension to open contract
Engagement: full time
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. In 2020, more than 1600 staff members worked in our Relief and Development Department (RDD) in Asia, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe.
Our growing team in Prague is looking for a new colleague to become Senior Financial Advisor.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Senior Financial Advisor is a member of RDD Finance Advisory Unit (FAU). FAU team provides methodological and technical guidance to RDD finance staff at both HQ Prague and in Country Programmes, contributes to development of internal systems and procedures and prepares various financial analyses and reports for operational and strategic RDD Management decisions.
Senior Financial Advisor coordinates the preparation of RDD HQ Annual Operational Budget in close cooperation with Budget Holders. S/he organizes regular finance desk team meetings and participates in preparation of finance staff trainings. Senior Financial Advisor is responsible for Year-End Projects Closing operations in RDD and regularly reports on its progress to RDD and PIN Management. S/he also oversees the development and implementation of HRIS (Human Resource Information System by SAP Success Factors) for RDD finance and procedural part, coordinates RDD working groups and ensures efficient communication among them.
- Critical thinker with a big picture orientation combined with strong analytical skills
- Expertise in finance - including grants management, financial planning, monitoring of compliance with conditions and guidelines (internal and external) and internal controls systems development and implementation
- Additional accounting and/or auditing background is advantage
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- IT literacy, advanced knowledge of MS Excel, working experience with accounting and economic software
- Fluent English (both verbal and written)
- University degree preferably in Finance/Economics, Logistic, Public Administration, Law or a related discipline
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Starting salary based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter in English via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).