Team Lead (East European Program) - Capacity Building of Journalists
People in Need is calling for applications for the position of Team Lead within East European Program of the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy (HRD). The primary goal of the Centre for Human Rights and Democracy is to support independent human rights activists and groups in countries with repressive regimes who are the target of persecution, harassment, or arrests because of their opinions or activities, and to strengthen civil society in countries that are going through democratic transformation.
The East European Program is currently focusing on support of independent civil society in Eastern Partnership and Central Asian countries. The main programmatic focus includes:
- Capacity building for civil society organisations, journalists, lawyers and support for their activities;
- direct aid to politically persecuted individuals and their families;
- international advocacy.
Type of position: Team Lead
Location: Prague (with work-related trips abroad)
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Full-time
Duration: Unlimited contract (6 months trial period)
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and coordinating particular country program activities, primarily focused on the support of independent journalists in the countries of Eastern Europe;
- development of projects, including project proposal writing and reporting, supervision of project proposals preparation within the team;
- administration of project documentation, cooperation with the Finance Manager on budgets for individual projects;
- manage the team of up to 3 people, provide support, guidance and feedback to the team staff;
- regular coordination with other topical teams within East European Program;
- provide input to the Head of Program on strategic development of Capacity building program for journalists;
- provide common input for the advocacy plans and particular country programs;
- coordinate cross-cutting activities/public events organised within the team;
- occasional coordination field visits to the target region;
- regular contact with local partner organizations and with donors.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES SHOULD POSSESS:
- University degree in the field of international relations, journalism, media management, communication, political science or other relevant fields;
- fluency in Russian and English. Native or non-native knowledge of Czech is also welcome, but not essential;
- at least three years’ experience at national or international level in the area of civil society, independent media, human rights, or international development;
- experience in people management;
- good insight and understanding of the media landscape and challenges for independent journalists in the Eastern Partnership countries, expertise on Moldovan, Georgian and/or Ukrainian media landscape is an asset;
- ability to work under stress.
PEOPLE IN NEED OFFERS:
- Possibility to work in a well-established NGO with an international outreach;
- interesting and meaningful job in the team of experienced and highly motivated people;
- space for personal development and growth;
- monthly remuneration ranging between 41 000 CZK and 45 000 CZK;
- 25 days of paid leave per year;
- flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home;
- work-related trips abroad;
- office in the centre of Prague.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV and cover letter (up to 1 page) in English trough the following link: