Starting date: ASAP
Location: Home-based/ Remote work (Prefered EU/CZ).
We are one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe. We focus on humanitarian aid, development cooperation, promotion of human rights as well as on development education and awareness rising. We work in over 22 countries all over and have more than 1,500 employees.
- Providing the technical and methodological support during the implementation of agriculture-related projects on PIN missions worldwide.
- Technical Quality management, development of the quality standards and follow-up
- Assistance in formulation of the agriculture-related projects, facilitation of the related country program strategies
- Capacity building among country teams
- Technical supervision, quality management, development
- PIN best practices collection and knowledge sharing; exploring technical innovation
- Follow-up and further contribution to development of PIN global strategies especially in relation to Sustainable Livelihoods and Environment Global Strategy
YOU WILL MAINLY FOCUS ON:
- Climate-smart agriculture, including the techniques and principles of Conservation Agriculture
- Adult education; agriculture extension and behavioural change approach application
- Agriculture in emergencies – ensuring the primary food security, rehabilitation of farmers livelihoods (infrastructure, livestock, crop production, Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA)
- Development of Nutrition-sensitive Food Systems, Nutrition-sensitive agriculture, gender equality and women’s empowerment in agriculture
- Natural resource management – Landscape management, reforestation, soil management, prevention of erosion, water systems, resilience
- Small-scale farmers livelihoods support, Market System Development; Support to Agribusinesses and inclusive value-chains, entrepreneurship, renewable energy in agriculture
- Skills development in agriculture, youth employment, Agricultural Training and Vocational Education and Training (ATVET)
- relevant educational background in agriculture, rural development or related field of study
- solid technical skill in Agronomy, and sound orientation in a variety of agro-ecological systems, rural development, natural resource management, value-chain development, and food systems in context of the developing countries
- proven background in international development either by education or professional experience including the full cycle of the development Project Cycle Management (identification, formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation)
- at least 3 years’ of proven experience including experience with relevant short and long-term overseas deployment; preferably in the position of project manager, r team leader or a consultant
- flexibility and willingness to travel to the countries of PIN’s operation (up to 3-4 months per year)
- fluent English; other languages considered advantage: - French, Portuguese, Arabic, Russian
- experience in the emergency context is considered an advantage
PEOPLE IN NEED OFFERS:
- A committed, professional and friendly team, in a well-established and growing organization -
- Salary according to PIN salary scale
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- All costs related to visits to country programmes and Prague (in case the advisor is based outside of Prague)
- Medical and psychological support
- Travel insurance
- HEAT Training
- Opportunities for continuous skills development
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).