PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across many emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming; and has been active in Iraq since 2003, most recently across Education, Shelter/ NFI, WASH and Cash assistance. PIN currently has over 100 employees and offices in 4 offices across Iraq. Main role of Country Director is to ensure overall management of PIN’s operation in the country, its further strategic development; representation towards donors, partners and authorities.
Location: Erbil with frequent travels to other governorates in Iraq including Ninewa, Salahddin, Anbar, Kirkuk and Baghdad
Starting date: June / July 2018
Duration: 18 months (with the possibility extension)
The main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Overall management of both international and national employees.
- Strategic planning and country programme‘s development in accordance with PIN‘s strategy and needs of the particular region, and in consideration of PIN's capacity.
- Fundraising and liaising with donors, networking, understanding donors’ priorities and actively seeking new funding opportunities.
- Supervision of development of new program incl. proposal development in cooperation with program team..
- Ensuring that all PIN’s internal procedures and partner/donors' requirements are met
- Supervision of the financial management. Together with Finance Manager supervises country program budget and overall economic situation.
- Planning HR needs of the country programme and taking part in the process of selection of new staff (expatriate and senior national), supervision of capacity building and ensuring sufficient human resources for the projects to meet its objectives together with HR department
- Supervision that all security and safety rules (SOPs) are set-up and followed, keeping security policy up to date and enforcing its implementation in cooperation with international Security Manager
- Ensuring clear and regular internal communication within PIN country program and with PIN HQ.
- Representation PIN towards media, public, partners, donors and local authorities.
- Representation PIN at Alliance2015 (alliance2015.org) and any other INGO platform (e.g. NCCI), and coordination mechanism (e.g. clusters, working groups).
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Proven working experience in humanitarian context, especially with program and/or country program management and staff management;
- Strong leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing large, diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building of national and international staff;
- Experience with projects designing and strategic planning, PCM, fundraising, knowledge of the institutional donors environment;
- Sound understanding of principles of humanitarian and development work;
- Experience with security management;
- Excellent working knowledge of English;
- Excellent communication skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Knowledge/experience of the region and understanding of local dynamics is a significant advantage;
- Mature, well-balanced personality able to work independently in challenging environment.
- Start –up salary 3500-4000 EUR (before taxation, including per diem);
- Possibility to gain interesting working experience within a professional, internationally recognized NGO;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations;
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
- Travel insurance relevant for war zone;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to the country of residence once per every 6 months;
- Travel benefits in the form of two regional flight tickets per year;
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse or housing allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave per year;
How to apply:
Kindly send us your cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.