Mission Junior Finance Officer in Ukraine
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO that provides assistance in over 20 countries around the world. Formed in 1992, PIN has grown to be the biggest organisation of its kind in Central Europe. PIN provides relief where it needed and empowers civil society in the Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.
The Relief and Development Department of PIN focuses on humanitarian aid and developmental assistance. Essentially, in addition to helping people in crisis, we aim to develop sustainable solutions that will continue long after the termination of our projects.
The position is based in Sloviansk city, eastern Ukraine. Sloviansk (130.000 inhabitants) is safe and covenient location for long-term stay, serving as a base for many INGO humaniatrian workers supporting the conflict-affected population. The city has plenty of restaurants, cafes and shops, also fitness clubs, swimming pools, yoga studio, spa centre, fresh market are available there. Various sites for daily trips like salty lakes, monasteries, wine factory or farm with horse riding can be visited during weekends.
Place of work: Sloviansk, Donetsk oblast, Ukraine
Line Manager: Finance Manager
Duration: ASAP, for minimum of 6 months
Contract type: Volunteering
Your role would be:
- Work in our accounting system Navision;
- Assist with project forecast management and money request preparation in close cooperation with Program Managers;
- Prepare of financial reports to donors;
- Cooperate on preparation of documents for audit, donor’s financial verifications ;
- Ensure receiving accurate information from Program Managers on actual spending and forecast;
- Liaise with our local partners about correction of the documents and reports if needed;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Finance Manager based on actual needs in Finance Department and derived from your knowledge and specialization.
For this position we consider important:
- Advanced Excel skills as you will handle Pivot Tables and other complex functions
- Communicative level of English, Russian or Ukrainian would be an advantage
- Working effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work
- Ability to communicate clearly not only with us but also with our partners
- Passion in details and working with numbers
- Experience with administrative or finance positions desired
What we offer:
- Opportunity for learning and professional growth at one of the biggest and well settled humaniatrian mission of PIN
- Perspective of other work opportunities within PIN after this volunteering
- Per diems 35 EUR per day
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse covered
- Security training
- Office vehicle available for private trips
- Medical travel insurance covered, reimbursement of vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online
- Travel to/from place of assignment
How to apply:
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please click on the orange button "Apply for this job" and fill the application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.