Head of Programmes in Zambia
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO that provides assistance in over 20 countries around the world. Formed in 1992, PIN has grown to be the biggest organisation of its kind in Central Europe. PIN provides relief where it needed and empowers civil society in the Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.
The Relief and Development Department of PIN focuses on humanitarian aid and developmental assistance. Essentially, in addition to helping people in crisis, we aim to develop sustainable solutions that will continue long after the termination of our projects.
People in Need (PIN) has been present in Zambia since 2017. With its main office in Mongu, Western province, we have been implementing projects focusing on multisectorial response covering nutrition, agriculture, livelihood, education, WASH and energy. In additon, PIN is seeking to expand its operation to other geographical areas, including those in DRC refugee context
Location: Mongu, Lusaka and other field locations, Zambia
Supervisor : Country Director
Line manager of : Program/Project Managers, M&E
The Head of Programmes supervises all the country programmes, with the specific responsibility for timely, efficient and quality programme implementation/management. By supervising the implementation of results-based Monitoring and Evaluation systems, the Head of Programmes also guides the programme strategy and development of its future. Together with the Country Director, the Head of Programmes represents PIN to donors and partners, ensuring that PIN is recognised for its field experience. Furthermore, the Head of Programmes engages in medium and long-term planning and strategy activities, ensures continuous quality improvement of programmes and contributes to a positive working environment for its staff. The Head of Programmes is also directly responsible for leading the proposal development process on mission level.
For this position we consider important:
- Proven experience in project cycle and team management; proven experience with needs assessments and proposal development
- Excellent spoken and written English
- A higher-education degree (Bachelors or Masters) in relevant fields.
- Knowledge and experience of Monitoring and Evaluation within projects is required
- Dynamic and result-oriented profile
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Critical analysis and problem solving skills
- Cultural sensitivity, excellent communication skills and strong ability and willingness to transfer knowledge
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Responsible and systematic
What we offer:
- Work in dynamic and motivated team
- Work experience with professional and flexible NGO, the largest in Central and Eastern Europe
- Accommodation and local transport costs covered
- 2 flights to home country covered per year
- Costs of visas and vaccination covered
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Medical helpdesk (in the Czech Republic, provided in English)
- Travel insurance (covers the health care incl. the repatriation)
- Introduction and training in Prague
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).