Project Finance Manager
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2018, more than 1300 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 22 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe).
Our growing team in Prague (with turnover of more than 80 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become Finance Project Manager in Communication and Advocacy Department (CAD). CAD is responsible for communication and advocacy for Relief and Development Department, for communication with media, promotion of our work, awareness rising about developing countries, development cooperation and humanitarian aid. CAD also supports People in Need’s country teams in their communication and advocacy efforts.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Project Finance Manager (FM) develops and oversees the projects implemented by PIN Communication and Advocacy Department. FM performs several duties during the project lifecycle, including budget administration and monitoring, cash flow monitoring, donors´ reporting, compliance with PIN policies and procedures and compliance with donors’ rules. FM cooperates closely with the designated Project Manager/ Head of department and PIN supporting departments, and keeps the management fully appraised on a timely basis on all important issues. FM is focal point for PIN implementing partners in terms of financial and compliance topics.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR COLLEAGUE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Preparation and monitoring of CAD budgets (EC funded project, private donors, Czech government project)
- Preparation of financial reports for donors
- Communication with partners/ project organizations, donors and auditors
- Cooperation with project/ financial managers from project partners
- Secondary education or University of an economic nature, or at least two years of experience with finance position
- Active use of English and Czech language (written and spoken)
- Experience with EC (or other institutional donors) funded projects is an advantage
- Detail oriented with passion for numbers
- Advanced Excel skills as you will handle Pivot Tables and other complex functions
- Ability to communicate clearly with different groups of people and to respect the different cultural background
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to deal with complex compliance agenda
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Starting salary in the range 32 000 - 35 000 CZK brutto based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Mobile phone with Vodafone tarif
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. lease note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).