Volunteer / Intern for English Social media channels
Location: Organisations headquarter office in Prague / home office
Starting date: based on agreement
Capacity: about 2 days (16 hours) per week
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2019, more than 1300 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 20 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe).
The intern will assist the English Social Media Manager in researching, writing, and posting content to People in Need’s English social media channels. Particular attention will be dedicated to Instagram, an important channel for PIN’s donor community. Intern will also provide support for managing Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Native level of English (especially in writing)
- High-level of social media fluency
- Knowledge of social media practices
- Proven experience working with English speaking audience
- Knowledge of the NGO, specifically humanitarian sector is very welcome
- Willingness to learn
- Strong interest in social media marketing in general
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to have a sneak peek into the marketing processes of the biggest Czech NGO
- Possibility to try different related activities
- Getting feedback and advice from colleagues and co-workers
- Space to imply your own ideas and get creative
- Recommendation / reference for a future employer or University
- Friendly team in the office
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Opportunity to work partially from home upon agreement
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great! Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).