Country Programme Coordinator for Afghanistan and Yemen (based in Czechia)
Starting date: Spring 2022
Location of work: Prague (HQ Office), Czech Republic with occasional trips to the country programmes
Duration: One year with the possibility of extension to an open-end contract
Type of job: Full-time (40h per week)
People in Need is a non-profit organization in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2021, more than 1300 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 20 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with turnover of more than 80 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become a Country Programme Coordinator in our Middle East desk.
You will become a part of the HQ Middle East team of Relief and Development Department inPrague. As a Country Programme Coordinator, you will be the closest partner of the Country Programmes in Afghanistan and Yemen (CP) and together with its senior management team; you will contribute to its proper management and development. You will support the project cycle management, help to ensure quality of the programmes and the collection of learning will be in charge of project administration when needed and cooperate on a country strategy and its fulfilment. You will be responsible for representation of the programmes towards partners, donors in the Czech Republic and Europe, as well as building partnerships and participating in the programme development. This might entail both participation in the needs assessments as well as in proposal writing for major donors such as EC, USAID, and UN etc. You will participate in the staffing of the mission and you will be (in cooperation with CP management) responsible for its balanced economic management. For your colleagues at CP level, you will be the main HQ contact, when coordinating the agenda, supporting of other PIN departments and connecting them with the program.
For this position, we consider important:
- Experience with project coordination, team work and/or leadership in the non-profit environment and abroad
- At least 3 years of experience with humanitarian and/or development projects
- Field experience in oversea mission
- Appropriate degree in either humanitarian aid or development is welcome
- Proven proposal writing and reporting skills, preferably with the humanitarian and development donors such as EC, BHA, UN, CZDA, etc.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments, good communication skills and time management
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with different groups of people and respect their different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to strengthen relationships with partners and donors in the Czech Republic and abroad
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to organize your work independently and approach things positively even in situations where job requests are rapidly developing
- Experience with budgets, support and supervision in methodologies and evaluations
- Proactivity, analytical thinking, and ability to quickly learn the organization’s internal processes
- Interest or experience with the Middle East region is very welcome
- Willingness to travel
- EU citizenship or valid work-permit for the Czech Republic
People in Need Offers:
- Background and professionalism of the Czech largest non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach (possibility to travel to our Country Programmes)
- Starting salary in the range of 40 – 46 000 CZK gross/month based on your experience and PIN’s salary scale (for full time)
- Czech employment contract, PIN pays social and health insurance directly in the Czechia
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Per diems of approx. 1000 CZK net/day when traveling abroad (for example visiting the country programmes in Yemen and Afghanistan)
- Travel Insurance and 24/7 medical helpdesk when traveling abroad
- People in Need is encouraging professional development and participation in trainings in the Czech Republic and abroad
- HQ Induction Training, e-learning platform and access to all internal webinars and trainings
- HEAT (Hostile Environment Awareness Training)
- Home office based on agreement
- Work laptop and mobile phone that can be used also for private purposes
- Psychological support provided confidentially and on request
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Office located in Prague 2 Vinohrady, with an excellent accessibility by the public transportation and great lunch-option restaurants in the neighbourhood
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).