Education Program Manager for Myanmar
Contract duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: Myanmar
Base: Cambodia/Thailand based, relocation back to Myanmar when feasible.
Line Manager: Head of Programs
Country Program Summary
People in Need (PIN) (www.peopleinneed.cz/en) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance around the world. In Myanmar, People in Need started to work in 2002, when it launched the financial assistance to civil society groups and independent media. After 2008, PIN provided humanitarian and relief aid to people affected by typhoon Nargis. Since 2012, PIN has been operating directly from Myanmar, our programs focuses primarily on knowledge transfer, capacity building and support of local initiatives in remote areas. Furthermore, our social cohesion program aims to promote tolerance and acceptance of diversity in different communities. Through these activities, communities are able to find solutions to important problems, alleviate tensions in a nonviolent way and secure harmony. In addition, we are working in areas affected by armed conflicts in Rakhine State and in Kachin State providing humanitarian assistance.
Post Description and Main Responsibilities
With supervision from the Head of Programs and support from other members of the team and technical guidance from PIN´s Education in Emergencies Advisor and Protection Mainstreaming Advisor, the Education Program Manager will have a key role in leading a program team in Myanmar, implementation and ensuring overall quality of the educatin programming in all areas of operations in Myanmar.
The Education Programme Manager main responsibilities include:
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of PIN’s Education programming, both formal and non-formal, in Myanmar;
- Provide technical guidance and backstopping to the education teams in program implementation
- Work closely with the Area Managers, Head of Programs, MEAL Manager and other relevant staff to ensure that all Education activities are being appropriately monitored, evaluated and that feedback is reflected in ongoing programming;
- Participate in identifying opportunities to increase scope and quality of PIN´s education programmes;
- Contribute to the development of PIN’s Education strategy and sectorial quality guidelines;
- With support of the Grants Team develop programme proposals and ensure timely and quality internal and donor reporting;
- Promote synergies and coordination across all PIN’s areas of operation among Education actors, represent PIN and work closely with the Education and protection cluster, working groups and other relevant actors, and maintain close collaboration and good relations with donors and other partners;
- Prepares and ensures qualitative and quantitative information sharing during the monthly project planning and review meetings with the Area Manager and Head of Programmes.
- Together with Head of Programmes, MEAL manager and other focal personnel conduct quarterly project review workshops to identify key achievements and issues. Where necessary, develop mitigation strategies.
- Ensures proper documentation of all learnings and outputs implemented throughout the project.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing/overseeing development/humanitarian, or in particular education/education in emergencies projects.
- 2 years minimum experience in managing portfolios (multiple projects/managers).
- Min. bachelor’s degree in development or related field
- Strong background in Multi-Sector Emergency response, particularly in EiE.
- Experience in coordinating projects with multiple stakeholders; proven capacity to coordinate with IASC cluster systems,
- Experienced in making logical frameworks, proposal development, M&E and reporting
- Familiarity with NGO working environments and standard procedures
- Advocacy/policy experience a plus
- Proven experience in protection mainstreaming work
- Fluent in English; Burmese is a plus
- Prior Myanmar is a major plus, but not required.
- Salary as per PIN scale: 1950-2200 EUR (depending on the seniority level) + 1200 EUR per diems
- Type of contract: consultancy contract
- Accommodation allowance, guest house in other locations
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online
- Medical travel insurance
- 25 days of paid leave annually
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).