Country Programme Coordinator for Ukraine
Starting date: ASAP
Location of work: Prague (HQ Office), Czech Republic with occasional trips to the country programme
Duration: One year with the possibility of extension to an open-end contract
Type of job: Full-time (40h per week)
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech Republic-based NGO globally working in the relief and development sectors. PIN has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian program has been rapidly expanding since then: https://www.peopleinneed.net/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/ukraine . Currently, the PIN is one of the major humanitarian actors and we are looking for senior humanitarian professionals to help PIN's response to the escalating situation.
Our growing team in Prague is looking for a new colleague to become a Country Programme Coordinator in our Ukrainian desk.
You will become a part of the HQ team of the Relief and Development Department in Prague. As a Country Programme Coordinator (CPC), you will be the closest partner of the Country Programme in Ukraine (CP), and together with another CPC and senior management team, you will contribute to its proper management and development.
You will support the project cycle management, help to ensure the quality of the programmes, and the collection of learning will be in charge of project administration when needed, and cooperate on a country strategy and its fulfillment. You will be responsible for the representation of the programmes towards partners, donors in the Czech Republic and Europe, as well as building partnerships and participating in the programme development. This might entail both participation in the needs assessments as well as in proposal writing for major donors such as EC, USAID, UN, etc. You will participate in the staffing of the mission and you will be (in cooperation with CP management) responsible for its balanced economic management. For your colleagues at the CP level, you will be the main HQ contact, when coordinating the agenda, supporting other PIN departments, and connecting them with the program.
For this position, we consider important:
- Experience with project coordination, teamwork, and/or leadership in the non-profit environment and abroad
- At least 3 years of experience with humanitarian and/or development projects
- Field experience in oversea mission
- Appropriate degree in either humanitarian aid or development is welcome
- Proven proposal writing and reporting skills, preferably with humanitarian and development donors such as EC, BHA, UN, CZDA, etc.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments, good communication skills and time management
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with different groups of people and respect their different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to strengthen relationships with partners and donors in the Czech Republic and abroad
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Ability to organize your work independently and approach things positively even in situations where job requests are rapidly developing
- Experience with budgets, support, and supervision in methodologies and evaluations
- Proactivity, analytical thinking, and ability to quickly learn the organization’s internal processes
- Willingness to travel
- EU citizenship or valid work permit for the Czech Republic
People in Need Offers:
- Background and professionalism of the Czech largest non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach (possibility to travel to our Country Programmes)
- Starting salary in the range of 36 – 40 000 CZK gross/month based on your experience and PIN’s salary scale (for full time)
- Czech employment contract, PIN pays social and health insurance directly in the Czechia
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Per diems of approx. 1000 CZK net/day when traveling abroad (for example visiting the country programme in Ukraine)
- Travel Insurance and 24/7 medical helpdesk when traveling abroad
- People in Need is encouraging professional development and participation in training in the Czech Republic and abroad
- HQ Induction Training, e-learning platform, and access to all internal webinars and training
- HEAT (Hostile Environment Awareness Training)
- Home office based on agreement
- Work laptop and the mobile phone that can be used also for private purposes
- Psychological support provided confidentially and on request
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Office located in Prague 2 Vinohrady, with excellent accessibility by the public transportation and great lunch-option restaurants in the neighborhood
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter (no longer than 4 pages altogether) via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).