Disaster Management Program Manager
Location: Based in Phnom Penh with frequent travels to program implementation areas
Line manager: Head of Programs
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. PIN has been working in Cambodia since 2008 and is one of the leading organizations active in the area of Disaster management (DM).
PIN’s Disaster Management program consists of a wide range of innovative projects implemented at community, provincial, national and regional levels. The program covers a wide range of activities tackling various aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), including risk/vulnerability assessments in urban and rural communities, development of GIS-based flood and risk maps, capacity building of national and sub-national stakeholders in the area of DRR, Emergency Reponses (ER), and Climate Change Adaptions (CCA), as well as DRR advocacy. In cooperation with the Technology4Development team, DM program develops and implements innovative technological solutions for disaster prevention and mitigation.
For more information see: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/cambodia
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Disaster Management (DM) program manager will manage the overall program implementation of PIN Cambodia DM Department, will facilitate close and effective coordination and collaboration between partners and relevant stakeholders, ensure high quality documentation of the project activities and ensure the achievement of all project results. The role will take responsibility for direct implementation of several ongoing project, currently funded by ECHO, SDC, UNDP and Czech Republic Humanitarian Aid. Moreover, in parallel to implementing the project, the role will be acting as Consortium Coordinator for the remaining period of the ECHO funded project “Building Disaster Resilient Communities IV”, implemented by PIN, Action Aid and DanChurchAid until the end of 2018.
The role will ensure close coordination with PIN senior management, program managers of the consortium partners and oversee overall management of the Disaster Management team. Furthermore, it is expected that the role maintain strong relations with all disaster management stakeholders including the Cambodian National Committee for Disaster Management (NCDM), Joint Action Group (JAG) and Humanitarian Response Forum (HRF).
The role currently has a specific focus on implementing a nationwide Early Warning System (EWS1294) in close collaboration with partners and donors, including but not limited to, UNDP, WFP, NCDM and MOWRAM. Moreover, the role will have a general focus on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) and overall Disaster Management, including leading mainstreaming of DRR and CCA in all of PIN Cambodia’s programmatic areas.
Closing down the ECHO funded “Building Disaster Resilient Communities IV” project, the role will ensure the implementation of the final activities in accordance with project the proposal and within the eligible project period that an external evaluation is conducted according to predetermined Terms of Reference and the development and submission of a high quality final report to ECHO.
Description of requirements:
- Relevant academic degree
- At least 3 years of experience in development work, preferably with experience in the Southeast Asian region
- Extensive experience managing a conglomerate of complex projects, including multiple stakeholders under tight deadlines.
- Experience managing ECHO and UN agencies funded projects including an excellent understanding of various donors guidelines/ standards
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in program related financial management and budgeting
- Experience with projects writing for various donors (ECHO, UNDP, SDC, etc)
- Demonstrated skills in partnership development and networking with government, civil society and other stakeholders
- Technical Knowledge on Disaster Risk Reduction and Effective Emergency Preparedness would be an advantage.
- Excellent coordination/facilitation and communication skills
- Result oriented person able to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team building and coordination experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication/negotiation skills
- Demonstrated high level of verbal and written English communication skills
- Friendly, participatory and results-oriented working environment with extensive opportunities for professional development;
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale
- Housing allowance;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line;
- Travel health insurance;
- 25 days of paid leave annually along with additional National Holidays based on Cambodia Labor Law;
How to apply:
Kindly send us your cover letter and an updated CV in English via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.