Regional Resilience Coordinator
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duty station: Based in Phnom Penh with travel throughout South-East Asia (Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Philippines)
Duration: Till the end of 2019 (with possibility of extension)
Reporting to: Country Director for Cambodia Country Program
About People in Need
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming.
For more information see: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development
Regional Resilience Coordinator is responsible for representing and coordinating People In Need Regional Disaster Management (DM) Program in Southeast Asia as it works to build to scale it Early Warning System. This position will ensure close coordination with Country Directors, Program Managers, Consortium Partners, Finance Managers, the program staff of PIN and it’s difference DM Teams. Maintain strong relations with all DM stakeholders including national government bodies, and national/ regional working groups on Early Warning, Disaster Management, DRR, CCA and other relevant related topics.
In close cooperation with partners, this position shall ensure that the project: Strengthening trans-boundary early warning cooperation in the Lower Mekong (2018- 2019) funded by US Dept. of State (EAP) along with all other regional DM projects are implemented according to approved proposals and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Donors
The position will facilitate close and effective coordination and collaboration between PIN partners and relevant stakeholders ensuring high quality documentation of all project activities and different project result areas are achieved.
- Program Management to ensure proper implementation of all regional projects under which focus on DM with regular reporting to donors
- Lead and manage regional or trans-boundary research studies, with an initial focus on Early Warning Systems funded by US Dept. of State (EAP) Bangkok
- Act as a focal point for the development of discussion papers, research reports, policy briefs etc. on regional or technical DM topics.
- Budget control and financial management of regional DM projects
- Establish and keep excellent relations with the main government actors and other regional government counterparts, keeping them updated on project progress, plan and facilitate regional strategic exercises and workshops as needed.
- Fundraising, visibility and external communication with donors and program partners
- Support in development of PIN DM regional strategy
- Support country programs within Southeast Asia in the design of projects and project proposals related to DM
- Provide technical support to other programs if necessary
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Sound technical knowledge and experience (at least 4 years) within the SE Asia region implementing programmes related to DRR, Regional Governance , Early Warning Systems and or resilience building.
- Experience meeting with and collecting key information from government, private, intergovernmental, and other civil society organizations.
- Solid past experience reviewing and write studies / high quality reports which can be shared at an international level.
- Experience in proposal development for major donors and/or private partners including results frameworks and indicators to measure the impact and outcomes
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines, have flexibility, work independently, manage multiple tasks and work effectively in fast-paced and multi-cultural environments.
- Excellent communication skills, solid management experience including feedback and evaluation mechanisms, drive for capacity building, etc.
People in Need offers:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization
- Salary according to PIN salary scale
- Performance related bonuses paid half yearly based on standard evaluation process
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel medical insurance
- Housing allowance
- Robust and thorough induction training at HQ (2 weeks)
How to Apply:
Kindly send us your cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.