Country Director - Georgia
Type of contract: Full time (40 hours/week)
Duration: 1 year with possibility to extend
Starting date: asap
About the role:
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech NGO that provides relief and development assistance in over 20 countries around the world. Formed in 1992, PIN has grown to be the biggest organisation of its kind in Central Europe, providing relief where it is needed, and empowering civil society in the Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia.PIN has been present in Georgia since 2005. Our friendly and dynamic colleagues work from five offices across the country, implementing programmes which support locally-led development and a diverse civil society. Through more than a dozen local partners, we also support marginalised groups to enjoy their rights and access services in every region.
You can find more information about PIN’s work and achievements on PIN Georgia’s website: https://georgia.peopleinneed.net/en/ or visit PIN Georgia Facebook page.
As Country Director, you will lead our strong national team, steer fundraising efforts and ensure the implementation of PIN Georgia strategy. Based in PIN’s main office in Georgia, your line manager will be the Regional Director for Eastern Partnerships and Balkans, based at the Prague headquarters.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Senior Management and Strategic Planning
- Represent PIN at provincial as well as country level, and be responsible for strategic leadership of the country programme
- Lead on the implementation and regular update of PIN Georgia Country Programme Strategy
- Lead the Senior Management Team, and oversee coordination of the whole country programme
- Actively contribute to development of new proposals
- Network among donors and key stakeholders to actively seek funding opportunities, help to increase the quality of proposals, understand donor priorities and ensure coordination
- Represent PIN at meetings with government partners, regional and local authorities, donors, local agencies, other INGOs, coordination bodies and other relevant stakeholders
- Plan HR needs, capacity building needs for senior staff and ensure sufficient human resources for the projects to meet its objectives
- Monitor policy implementation to ensure equality and diversity within the team
- Support, motivate and consult the country programme’s staff
- Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing large, diverse teams and contributing to staff capacity building
- Proven international experience of at least five years in team management, project development and management
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience within the region and understanding of local dynamics preferable
- Technical expertise within one of the strategic sectors will be an advantage (locally-led development, civil society strengthening, social protection and inclusion).
- Knowledge of institutional donor environment and experience with donor relations, strategic programme planning
- Reliable and self-reliant personality with responsible and systematic approach to work
- Dynamic and result-oriented profile
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Work experience with professional and flexible INGO, the largest in Central and Eastern Europe
- Salary based on the PIN salary scale (EUR 2650 – 3000 + per diems EUR 1200), based on experience and seniority
- Work in dynamic and motivated team
- Accommodation and local transport costs covered
- 2 flights to home country covered per year
- Costs of visas and vaccination covered
- 25 days of paid holiday per year
- Medical helpdesk
- Travel insurance (covers the health care incl. repatriation)
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).