Head of Finance Myanmar
Location: Cambodia (first 1-2 months), Thailand (longer-term duty station)
Starting date: September/October 2022
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
The Head of Finance (HoF) oversees the mission economy, the Country Programme (CP) financial project management as well as accounting. HoF promotes knowledge of PIN financial and operational procedures across the whole CP team and is responsible for compliance to PIN guidelines, donors´ rules as well as local legal requirements. HoF has overall responsibility for sufficient capacities and a clear division of tasks and responsibilities within the finance team, providing all necessary capacity building of CP finance team.
HoF is one of the key members of the CP management team and contributes to strategic decision-making and operations. HoF supports the CD´s decision making by preparing different scenarios in light of the current development in CP from the financial perspective and is responsible for management of financial risks.
- Responsibility for overall country program economy (preparation of operational budget and its regular update, proper budgeting, cash flow and cost efficiency monitoring, etc.)
- assists the Country Director in management of the country programme, participates in the senior management meetings, and pro-actively takes part in the decision-making process;
- promotes team spirit, a culture of respect, personal responsibility, transparency and openness.
- ensures PIN procedures, policies and guidelines related to finance and operations are known and respected (Navision, ELO approval, Cost Allocation Policy, etc.);
- acts as a team manager and is responsible for adherence to Human Resources (HR) procedures and for capacity development.
- ensures compliance with internal procedures, donors´ rules and Country specific regulations and legal framework.
- is responsible for annual country programme budget, operations (shared) costs management, financial tools management, budgeting, reporting and cash flow. Focuses on capacity building of the Finance Manager in these areas.
- supervises the quality of country programme accounting, year-end closing and statutory audit.
- In the field of country programme accounting, establishing sufficient capacities to guarantee accounting data quality as required by PIN internal rules and legislation (local as well as Czech);
- supervises accounting and other financial documentation.
For this position we consider important
- University graduate in finance, business or accounting study programmes (possible exceptions for candidates studying this field at secondary level),
- Experience in a finance position needed
- Communicative level of English (minimum of active B2)
- Keen eye on details and passion for working with numbers
- Advanced Excel skills (including Pivot Tables and other complex formulas)
- Strong training/coaching skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with different groups of people and to respect the different cultural background
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Ability to deal with complex compliance agenda
- Responsibility, proactive approach, flexibility,
- Knowledge of SAP, MS Dynamics Nav or other ERP is an advantage
- Experience with project management is very welcome
- Salary as per PIN scale: between 2250 – 2650 EUR super gross (depending on the seniority level) + 1200 EUR per diems
- Housing allowance
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online
- Medical travel insurance
- 25 days of paid leave annually
How to Apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter in English via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled. This is an international position, but Ethiopian nationals are encouraged to apply as well. People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).