Head of Programmes, Moldova
Tento inzerát je neaktivní.
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 2 years
Line Manager: Country Director
The Head of Programmes supervises the entire programme portfolio of developmet projects, with specific responsibility for humanitarian projects. To do so, the HoP is responsible for defining programmatic strategies and planning on the basis of the overall Country Strategy, including formulation of new proposals and continuous quality improvement of programmatic work. Together with the Country Director, the HoP represents PIN to donors and partners, ensuring that PIN is recognized for its field experience and models of action. Internally, the HoP contributes to a positive working environment for programme staff and ensures that Safeguarding is integrated in programming
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promotes a culture of learning, ensures PIN programmes are based on existing internal and external know-how, and utilizes PIN technical expertise, resources and quality standards
- Contribute to development and lead scale up of PIN’s Moldova Country Program Strategy while ensuring it’s based on contextual and needs analysis, integrating all PIN’s programs
- Direct supervision of program team staff members: to achieve project objectives, guarantees the quality of the work done and ensures reporting and implementation timelines are respected
- Supports program team in communication and coordination of activities with Czech partners and activities taking place in the Czech Republic.
- Regular updates to CD and CMT on program implementation progress, suggested amendments and new needs identified • Together with Programme Quality Support Officer and Country Director, fundraising and liaising with donors, networking, understanding donors’ priorities and actively seeking new funding opportunities
- Together with Programme Support and Fundraising Officer coordinates support from KLD department leading on proposal development with field and technical inputs from program and MEAL teams
- With support of Programme Quality Support Officer ensures all programmes are regularly reviewed, and recommendations for improvements are followed;
- Ensures information sharing, communication and coordination between project teams and between the country programme and HQ;
- Promotes participation and accountability towards beneficiaries, local authorities, local partners and donors;
- Based on need, and particularly with a focus on Czech donors, coordinates project development and proposal writing;
- Coordinate with PMs and operational departments in order to ensure that proper tools are developed and being used to 1) measure the performance of the program from different aspects (MEAL, Implementation quality, Reporting, Procurement & Archiving), 2) guide the program as per the correct processes the activities should follow (SOPs)
- External and internal reporting: 1) ensures regular updates to project progress both from budget spending and indicators perspective (project drawings, ITT and workplans are regularly updated), 2) reviews and validates external reporting prepared by program & MEAL teams, 3) ensures a correct and timely reporting to donors;
- Communication with HQ/Desk/technical focal points on issues related to programme quality (various tracking/lessons learnt tools), cross-cutting topics and program records: to ensure compliance with donor requirements and proposal goals, to sustain organizational memory and keep solid and necessary records (archiving) for audit purposes
- Coordination between programs and operations: regular documented team/project meetings for planning and progress monitoring purposes (reviewing workplans, procurement plans, financial drawings, progress on indicators)
- Together with the CD, strengthens “a local identity” of the country programme and ensures compliance with local rules and regulations;
- Together with the CD, ensures that medium-term and short-term plans, as agreed with headquarters (HQ), are implemented;
- Contributes to the organisational development and strategy of PIN, provides HQ with feedback to established procedures, and dedicates time to and participates in the relevant global/regional strategic meetings.
Human Resources & Capacity Development
- Directly manages the programme staff; ensure solid Performance Management and recommendations for capacity building; Lead the recruitment of key programme staff as line manager, and validate other recruitments of programme staff with due respect of high quality standards and fair and unbiased procedures;
- Ensure team collaborative work and exchange of experience across the Programme structure; directly facilitate team work among line-managed staff and units, and recommend and ensure that team work and integrated approaches are streamlined in different levels and with other units
- Together with CD and RD, ensures that current and future human resource needs are identified and correspondingly budgeted reflecting the current and forecasted scope of the country programme;
- Support the development of an organizational culture that reflects PIN’s values, promotes accountability, Safeguarding, and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up people to deliver outstanding. In cooperation with the Country Director and Senior Management Team as appropriate, ensure the sound development of the Programme team’s structure and staffing in view of the programme strategy and portfolio development, including both maintaining capacity as appropriate for emergency response and securing new capacity for development projects;
- Together with the CD, promotes team spirit, a culture of respect, personal responsibility, transparency and openness;
- Together with the CD, ensures all staff are aware, understand and comply with relevant PIN policies and rules, the Code of Conduct and key policies, including the PSEA and Safeguarding Policy
Learning and Information Sharing
- Contribute to sharing of experiences, lessons learned, and good practice across sites and from other PIN country programs and promotion of learning from relevant best practices internally and externally;
- Ensure that all official program documentation is properly stored and available for the future.
- Allocates time for the annual staff retreat and other team building activities;
- Sets time for one’s own capacity building, including people management skills.
Representation & External Relations
- Support the Country Director to ensure that PIN is well represented and visible in the donor community, among key stakeholders and partners, and within coordination fora, delegating as appropriate to programme staff;
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with local authorities, donors, partner agencies including major institutional donors, local and international NGO, and other actors of the local civil society;
- In cooperation with and support to Advocacy team, engage in advocacy and policy dialogues where appropriate, ensuring PIN represents the needs of its beneficiaries and based on its field experience in order to campaign for needed system change and donor commitments;
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Experience in humanitarian/development work required;
- Strong leader and team player with proven people and partnership management skills;
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability and willingness to transfer knowledge;
- Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills;
- Ability to organize and plan effectively;
- Dynamic and result-oriented profile;
- Proven experience in proposal development;
- Understanding of and experience working with MEAL systems;
- Experience within the region and understanding of local dynamics preferred.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Fluent English both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Russian/Romanian is an advantage
- We are looking for nationals that have an entry-visa free regime with Moldova or nationals that already hold a valid a multientry Schengen visa (for more information see the link here).
- We encourage Moldovan national candidates to apply for this position.
What we Offer:
- Work experience with professional and largest NGO in Central-Eastern Europe;
- Flexible and challenging working environment with room for personal growth;
- Starting salary defined by PIN salary scale
- Robust and thorough online induction training (2 weeks);
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online;
- Travel health insurance provided;
- E-learning courses, webinars, training possibilities
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via our application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and is committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need involves. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.