Junior Finance Coordinator for Africa
Location: Prague for 6-12 months, with a plan to gain experience abroad for a period of 6 - 12 months
Starting date: based on agreement
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension to open contract
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2020, more than 1600 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Aid Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague (with a turnover of more than 80 million EUR per year) is looking for a new colleague to become Junior Finance Coordinator for our African country programmes, gradually gain experience abroad.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Junior Finance Coordinator (JFC) provides continuity, advice and financial management support to People in Need mission abroad. At headquarter, the JFC is closely cooperating with more senior Finance Coordinator (FC) who is the focal point for programmes in terms of financial, economic and operational topics.
The JFC assists Finance Coordinator in finance/logistics/procurement agenda with objective to support the country programme financial health including cash flow, coverage of operational costs and collection and crosschecking of financial documentation. He/she takes part in budgets and financial reports preparation and provides support during external audits. He/she is involved in supervising procurement. The role is ideal for junior professional in Finance to gain experience in headquarters so that he/she can relocate to one of our country programmes particularly in Africa (namely Zambia, Angola, Ethiopia, DRC) for 6-12 months.
- Experience with finance position desired (at least 1 year)
- Communicative level of English (minimum of active B2)
- Openness to long term travel to country programmes (+/- six months terms)
- Advanced Excel skills as you will handle Pivot Tables and other complex functions
- Keen eye on details and passion for working with numbers
- Ability to communicate clearly with different groups of people and to respect the different cultural background
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- At least intermediate knowledge of French/Portuguese language is an advantage
- Experience from non-profit sector is very welcomed
PEOPLE IN NEED OFFERS:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting work with focus on capacity building both in Prague and in African country programmes
- Travel opportunities
- Starting salary in the range 32 000 - 36 000 CZK based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).