Junior Technical Advisor
People in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance around the world. PIN branch office People in Need Cambodia is looking for a new team member who is passionate about using technology to support Cambodia in a humanitarian aspect.
PIN Cambodia has a number of exciting projects aimed at using IoT devices as well as online platforms to aid our humanitarian impact, and we believe in strengthening this aspect of our work further. PIN Cambodia develops and operates national Early Warning System EWS1294, pilots new technologies in the area of urban DRR. Previously, PIN Cambodia have developed and piloted mHealth mobile health system, as well as iTenure, a software tool that conducts legal analysis and evaluation of household-specific land claims. PIN Cambodia is also a kind of regional technology and innovation hub of People in Need, often providing advisory and support to other PIN country programs in Asia.
Position: Junior Technical Advisor – Technology Operations
Location: Phnom Penh (with occasional provincial travel), Cambodia
Role and Responsibilities
- As an active member of the team, the role will involve the design, delivery, troubleshooting and issue resolution of various project websites, IVR System (Somleng and RapidPro), integrations with telco systems and other technologies;
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices;
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices;
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases;
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs;
- Create and maintain software documentation;
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site;
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities;
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate organizational and problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English;
- Proven ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural team environment, with appropriate sensitivity to social and cultural norms;
- A wish to work in the center of Technology Innovation for Good;
- Tertiary Qualification in Software Development, Development Studies, Environmental Studies or similar tertiary qualification is required. Or equivalent work experience;
- 4 years software development/DevOps/Technical QA;
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS;
- Knowledge of CDCI, server configuration and deployments, ideally in AWS, GitHub and Travis;
- Knowledge of the Elastic stack, especially Logstash, Kibana and ElasticSearch;
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Possibility to work in a well-established and locally and internationally recognized NGO;
- Appropriate salary and benefits according to PIN’s salary scale and HR policies;
- Interesting possibility of professional self-realization, opportunities for learning, trainings and capacity development;
- Meaningful work in a friendly and committed team;
- 25 days of paid leave annually;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations;
- Assistance with visa application procedure;
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation;
- Travel health insurance.
How to apply:Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).