Manager of Internal Projects (Prague based position)
Position: Manager of Internal Projects
Contract Length: 12 months with the possibility of extension to open contract
Location: Prague, HQ
Line Manager: Finance and Compliance Director
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2020, more than 1600 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague is looking for a new colleague to become Manager of Internal Projects.
About the role:
The Manager of Internal Projects coordinates different short, medium as well as long-term development projects. This includes consultations, preparation, formulation, and resource and time management as well as integration of project outcomes (tools, policies, processes) into existing systems and procedures. Strives for efficiency and effectiveness, promotes new technology.
The Manager of Internal Projects closely cooperates with Finance Advisory Unit, Institutional Fundraising Unit, and PIN Central Systems development Unit.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates implementation and the roll-out of different applications of Jira software (Atlassian) for various RDD teams,
- Coordinates the design, development, and implementation of PIN management data reporting system (dashboards) in Power BI - interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Carries out research, actively seeks and proposes new solutions
- Supports the formulation of the projects’ design and scope, consults with relevant colleagues and departments, proposes goals and priorities
- Ensures training of PIN staff on the developed processes and tools, follows up on implementation
- At least 3 years of experience in related field; preferably working knowledge of JIRA and Power BI, experience with software development
- Advanced Excel skills, experience in analyzing large data sets
- Strong problem solving and good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Communicative level of English (minimum of active B2)
- Strong training/coaching skills
People in Need Offers:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Starting salary in the range 37 000 - 39 000 CZK based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child daycare for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (max. three pages) and a short cover letter (one page) in English via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies