Program Quality and Development Manager in Yemen (South)
Tento inzerát je neaktivní.
Base: Yemen / Aden (with frequent field trips)
Starting date: as soon as possible / based on availability
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Languages: Excellent English
Line Manager: Country Director for Yemen
People in Need (PIN) has recently finalized registration in Aden, Yemen, and is launching multi-sector humanitarian programs in the south of Yemen in 2022. The Country Program (CP) is starting with an initial core team and launching programmatic activities, with an aim for scale-up in 2023 - increasing the team, institutional funding, and programmatic footprint. This position is ideal for a driven and experienced humanitarian professional that would like a hands-on role and operational leadership of a new CP.
The Program Quality & Development Manager (PQDM) is responsible for providing programmatic support to Program Managers/Officers (PMs/POs), ensuring the high quality of implemented projects. The PQDM ensures that PIN’s activities in Yemen (South) complies with relevant global humanitarian and technical standards and principles, donor guidelines, programme related quality standards developed at HQ and with RDD and CP Strategic priorities in the country. The PQDM leads on the identification of needs and relevant niches for PIN, and formulates new proposals.
Reporting relations and Interdependencies with other functions: The PQDM’s line manager is PIN Yemen Country Director – CD, who needs to be informed on pertinent issues and changing circumstances as they arise. The PQDM cooperates closely with other program team members, including CD, PMs/POs, as well as other senior staff members and/or the country management team (CMT) esp. Finance and HR Manager, Logistics Manager. At the HQ level, the PQDM works closely with HQ desk counterparts (mainly CP Coordinators; program related staff – e.g. Technical Advisors), Deputy Regional Director, knowledge & Learning (KLD) advisors and the Institutional Fundraising unit (IFU). PQDM directly manages MEAL Officer.
- Oversees quality of processes related to the project cycle management
- Supports PMs in ensuring all contractual obligations are met (project documentation + donor’s / partner’s contract) and validates internal/external reporting
- Follows progress of project implementation and keeps the HQ management updated on all important issues related to risks
- Cooperates actively with partners and any stakeholder relevant to the project / program
- Supports effective coordination and communication between program, MEAL and Operations teams on the CP, with various departments within PIN (mainly Knowledge & Learning, Communication & Advocacy, Fundraising), HQ and CP, donors and partners;
- Contributes to the country strategy formulation, planning new projects/programmes;
- Follows up and ensures the achievement of agreed short and medium-term priorities of country strategy/annual plan
- Leads on fundraising opportunities and proposals development in cooperation with in-country teams, technical advisors and the desk
- Participates on project budget development incl. investments / internal funding coordination
- Leads or supports analyses/assessments, and preparation of respective reports
- Manages the MEAL unit / respective MEAL staff (incl. managing the MEAL work-plan, assessment & evaluation preparation/conducting etc.)
- Supports country program’s CFRM (Community Feedback and Response Mechanism) focal point with roll-outs and its improvements
- If necessary/required, participates (in cooperation with country & HQ management) on human resources planning and recruitments related to the program areas
- Provide capacity building and coaching to the program and MEAL teams
- Promotes learning and knowledge management by leading programme reviews and reflections with programme and MEAL staff and supports PMs in integrating good practices and lessons learned into programming or adjusting programme strategies
- Supports PIN’s Access and Security Manager in monitoring the context and ensuring the safety and security of PIN staff and beneficiary via the compliance with PIN security protocols
- In cooperation with CP/HQ management, represents (or supports) country program on different fora, especially towards in-country institutional donors; supports in defining fundraising priorities; participates on networking in-country
Suitable candidate for this position should have
- Proven previous experience with managing program/projects, fundraising, project development
- Proven knowledge of institutional donors’ environment and external communication.
- Experience with the project financial management (advantage is proven knowledge of specific donors’ rules)
- Experience with team management and supervision and interest in building capacities of national staff
- Experience in working within a humanitarian and/or development organization
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts as an advantage
- Good communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English
- Good coordination, organizational, critical analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Previous working experience in the Middle East or knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
Living & Environmental Conditions
- This position is unaccompanied and is based in Aden, Yemen. Guesthouse/accommodations will be provided.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and PIN's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
People in Need offers
- Working environment in a well-established and growing humanitarian organization;
- Gross salary and benefits according to PIN’s salary scale. Expected starting cross salary 3,850-4,100 EUR super gross (monthly per diems of 1,200 EUR and hardship allowance of 400 EUR are already included) based on experience;
- Free access to e-learning sites, global PIN’s Induction Training, and individually tailored capacity building opportunities
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- R&R benefits according to PIN’s policy including extra paid days off and regional flight
- Coverage of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Accommodation (in PIN guesthouse) covered
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available online (incl. couching, mentoring); travel health insurance (covers the health care incl. the repatriation)
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).