Finance Manager for Ukraine
Starting date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: Ukraine
Base: Based on security situation: Prague Czech Republic the seat of PIN HQ or in Ukraine directly
Type of job: Full-time (40h per week)
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech Republic-based NGO globally working in the relief and development sectors. PIN has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian program has been rapidly expanding since then: https://www.peopleinneed.net/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/ukraine . Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian actor and we are looking for senior humanitarian professionals to help PIN's response to the escalating situation.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility of finance management of Ukraine country programme, in particular: preparation of operational budget and its regular update, cost allocation planning, proper budgeting, cash flow and cost efficiency monitoring, FX rate risk, etc.
- Supervision of the compliance of the processes and documentation with donors’ requirements, PIN internal rules, local legal regulations (incl. taxes) and administrative measures
- Ensuring that PIN accounting practices, financial and administrative procedures and processes are in place (incl. proper documentation archiving)
- Overall responsibility for accurate, punctual and complete accounting data
- Approval of contracts, invoices, authorization of payments
- Responsibility for the financial reporting to the management
- Working closely with Program Managers and Head of other support departments on project financial management and other related financial issues
- Responsibility for supervising cash-flow in Ukraine office, analyzing and managing risks related to cash-flow, maintaining regular communication with bank representatives
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- University degree preferably in Finance or related field; or long-term experience within NGO sector finance department
- At least 2 years of experience in the position of Finance Manager or similar position;
- Experience with finance management of projects funded by international donors is an advantage
- Experience with team management and supervision; strong ability and willingness to transfer knowledge and build capacities of national teams;
- Ability to plan effectively; organized, responsible and systematic;
- Excellent communication skills, including fluent spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of double-entry accounting;
- Work experience with an accounting and economic software;
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts, including familiarity with the humanitarian context, would be an advantage.
- Valid work permit for the Czech Republic (EU citizens have the right to work in EU automatically)
People in Need offers:
- Background and professionalism of the Czech largest non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach (possibility to travel to our Country Programmes)
- Starting salary in the range of 38 – 44 000 CZK gross/month based on your experience and PIN’s salary scale (for full time)
- Czech employment contract, PIN pays social and health insurance directly in the Czechia
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Per diems of approx. 1000 CZK net/day when traveling abroad (for example visiting the country programmes in Ukraine)
- Travel Insurance and 24/7 medical helpdesk when traveling abroad
- People in Need is encouraging professional development and participation in trainings in the Czech Republic and abroad
- HQ Induction Training, e-learning platform and access to all internal webinars and trainings
- HEAT (Hostile Environment Awareness Training)
- Home office based on agreement
- Work laptop and mobile phone that can be used also for private purposes
- Psychological support provided confidentially and on request
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).