HR Data & Process Specialist
Position: paid, full-time
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Praha, Česká republika
Contract duration: 12 months with possible extension
Line Manager: Head of HR Unit, Relief and Development dept.
People in Need is one of the largest non-profit organizations in Central and Eastern Europe active in humanitarian and development aid, human rights and social inclusion. In 2020, more than 1600 employees worked in our Humanitarian and Development Aid Section in 23 countries (Asia, Africa, Middle East and Eastern Europe). Our growing team in Prague is looking for a new colleague to become an HR Data & Process Specialist.
Why should you apply?
We are looking for someone who will be part of our HR team (14 team members) and who will help to design, maintain and adapt HR-related systems, procedures, tools and guidelines in line with organizational changes and requirements.
HR Specialist will support and guide RDD departments and country programmes while reviewing salary scales, remuneration packages, conducting benchmarking exercise, etc. to achieve a fair, equitable and competitive compensation and benefits package that fits and is aligned with the organization´s principles, strategy and goals.
These would be your major agendas:
- Finalize and maintain the RDD standard job grading tool and related guidelines in line with the organizational structure set up
- Design and maintain the methodology for new job creation, job evaluation and organizational structure changes
- Perform or participate in internal audits of the organizational structure and recommends changes to make the organizational set-up more efficient
- Participates in other HR or organization-wide projects, such as HR Information System implementation
- Oversee the quality of HR Standards & Procedures
- Recommend overall compensation methodology (salary increase, salary and benefits structure, etc.)
- Perform salary and labour market research and define benchmarking approach
- Analyse different components of the remuneration package in the organization and prepare reports about the internal equity and external competitiveness
- Support and train line managers and other HR colleagues in the usage of various compensation tools and policies
- Support Country programmes in establishing / reviewing HR tools including development and updates of salary scales, National Staff manuals, etc
- Prepare HR reporting, data and analyses on a regular basis, e.g. staff turnover, retention and together with HoHR suggest improvements
- Actively seek and share best practices applied in other INGOs and the business sector
Core competencies for the role:
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of building compensation packages and bonus programmes for various departments and seniority levels
- Understanding of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- Experience with HR Information System or payroll software
- Familiarity with labour legislation
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Enjoying explaining specific HR terms and methodology to non-HR colleagues
- Ability to think, discuss possible solutions and passion to learn new things is essential;
- Excellent knowledge of English
People in Need offers:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Starting salary in the range 37 500 - 42 000 CZK gross per month based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Great. Send us your CV and short cover letter via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).