Head of Programs Philippines
Duty station: Manila with frequent travel to Visayas and Mindanao – and possibly other regions of the country – depending on assignments.
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Country Director for Philippines - Country Program
About People in NeedPeople in Need (PIN) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive experience across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. Active in Philippines since typhoon Yolanda/Hayan in 2013, PIN Philippines is well established in early recovery, livelihoods development, peacebuilding and market based approaches in agriculture and renewable energy.
For more information see: https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/philippines
Position SummaryThe Head of Programs (HoP) will work closely with PIN program teams and the County Director to oversee, manage, mentor and further expand long-term development as well as emergency programs of PIN Philippines.
Together with Program and Project Managers, the HoP is responsible for PIN Philippines Country Program efforts to develop, innovate and implement programs with the aim to achieve the highest impact while providing quality and accountability to beneficiaries, government, donors and partners. Furthermore, the HoP ensures quality of and synergies among existing and new programs and enhances visibility of PIN Philippines proactively contributing to donor communication and external representation. The HoP reports to PIN Country Director for Philippines Country Program with delegated management and responsibility for key programs and their assigned teams (approximately 30 individuals). The HoP also closely cooperates with Head of Systems & Operations (HoSo) as well as Desk Officer, Relief and Development Department (RDD) Management, and sector specialists in PIN HQ.
- Program support during all phases of Program cycle management
- Ensuring quality of project proposals
- Providing support during project implementation
- Ensuring quality of external reporting
- Establishing strategic partnerships with selected partners
- Ensuring quality of PIN programs including mainstreaming of gender and DRR/CCA in the Philippines and compliance of overall strategy of PIN
- In collaboration with MEAL coordinator, set up monitoring & evaluation plan for each project with clear impact indicators involving independent M&E mechanisms
- Ensure involving all key stakeholders into the project implementation
- In collaboration with Communications and Advocacy officer, develop communication and advocacy plans
- Ensure that all new programs incorporate innovation and push the boundaries of development work
- Ensure cost-effectiveness and transparency of PIN projects
- Promote synergies among PIN programs, organize regular program management meetings
- Promote sharing of experiences and lessons learnt within the team and other missions
- Assistance to Country Director in representation of PIN programs in the Philippines country program towards partners, government,donors and private sectors stakeholders.
- Assistance to Country Director in coordination with Financial/Admin/Logistics sections
- Assistance to Country Director in staff management and capacity development
- Team management program and project managers and a total team of 30 members (managed indirectly))
Suitable candidates for this position should possess:
- Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building of national and international staff.
- Technical knowledge in one of the following thematic areas highly preferred: livelihoods, market based approach, disaster management, land rights and/or nutrition
- Proven experience in drafting proposals and managing key donor-funded project such as EU, ECHO, MFAT, USAID, etc.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks independently
- Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork attitude
- Fluent English both spoken and written.
- Experience within the Southeast Asian region and understanding of local dynamics highly preferred but not required.
People in Need offers:
- Environment of well-established and growing organization;
- Friendly, participatory and results-oriented working environment with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Salary and benefits according to PIN salary scale and HR policies;
- 25 days of paid leave annually along with additional National Holidays based on Philippino Labor Law;
- Housing allowance;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work;
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line;
- Robust and thorough induction training at HQ (2 weeks);
- Opportunities for further learning;
- Travel health insurance.
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV (no longer than 4 pages) and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).