Market Systems Advisor
PIN is recruiting a global role to develop the technical quality and scale of our Market Systems programmes. Through remote support and occasional in-country visits, you will work with our Country Offices in Asia, MENA, Eastern Europe and Africa, building staff technical capacity to lead the design and implementation of market systems development programmes.
PIN’s three core pillars of work are Climate Resilience, Emergency Response & Recovery, Civil Society & Inclusive Governance. We have been working in fragile contexts and with climate change-vulnerable populations for many years, supporting local actors to improve food systems, enhance livelihoods and access to quality basic services. You will work primarily within the Climate Resilience pillar of programming, working to promote green growth principles whilst improving the livelihoods and food security of those most vulnerable to climate change. You will also contribute to the work of the Emergency Response & Recovery advisory team, integrating the market systems development approach into economic recovery programmes. You will collaborate with the Civil Society & Inclusive Governance team, so that social safety nets and cash-transfer or asset transfer programmes can be used alongside market systems development to improve the livelihoods of the most vulnerable populations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Programme Quality Development
- Support PIN’s missions with developing highly effective MSD interventions, including: supporting the project design phase, helping to identify and screen potential private sector partners, negotiating agreements with companies, identifying capacity gaps of potential private sector actors and designing feasible capacity building activities to address these gaps)
- Mentor and develop the technical skills of PIN’s Program and Project Managers on MSD approaches
- Develop tools and resources to assist with MSD analysis, design, activities’ implementation and M&E
- Promote and advocate for MSD approaches and innovations across PIN’s emergency and development programs
- Evaluate the quality of ongoing and completed interventions
- Ensure the effective integration of cross-cutting themes (such as gender and social inclusion, environmentally and socially responsible business and nutrition-sensitive principles) into PIN’s MSD interventions
- Identify the most effective approaches, key lessons learnt and most useful resources related to MSD (both in the development and emergency context) and ensure that relevant PIN employees are aware of them and use them
- Document PIN experiences and lessons learned related to MSD, collects and shares best practices
- Results-oriented networking and partnership development with other international actors
- Assist Country Programs’ in presenting its MSD-related expertise to the key stakeholders
- Increases the awareness and recognition of PIN’s MSD work among key donors and potential partners
- Staying up-to-date on the existing developments and trends in the MSD and related sectors, ensure this is reflected in PIN’s programming
- 5 years of relevant programme management experience in international contexts
- Experience of addressing gender and inclusion of marginalized groups considerations within market systems development programmes
- Experience or knowledge of the solar energy sector is an advantage
- Experience in fragile contexts and/or Asian countries is an advantage
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong capacity in leading proposal development
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel to PIN’s Country Programmes
What do we offer?
- Diverse work with an international dimension that makes sense and has visible results
- Work with inspiring people, in a pleasant environment of the largest Czech non-profit organization in the center of Prague (or home-office based, depending on the COVID-19 situation)
- An open and informal organizational culture without a dress code, where we all relate
- Relatively flexible working hours with the possibility of work from home
- Opportunity to participate in interesting events that we organize
- Personal and professional development
- Gaining experience with projects and orientation in humanitarian and development activities of People in Need
- Access to internal e-learning and webinars
How to apply:
Are you interested in this job position? Please send us your CV and cover letter in English via this link (we will not be able to accept another application for the competition). Only candidates advancing to the next round of the selection procedure will be contacted. We evaluate the submitted applications on an ongoing basis, the sooner you apply, the better. The selection procedure will end the moment we fill the position.
Employees of People in Need are obliged to follow the Code of Ethics of People in Need as well as other key policies of the organization (www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).