Programme Manager - support for refugees in Romania
Duration: 10 months with the possibility of extension
Start date: as soon as possible
Location: home-based with regular travel required within Romania
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
Starting 2021 has been providing support to local civil society working with refugees in Romania.
Position overview Summary of duties
Under the overall supervision of the Country Director of PIN Moldova, the Programme Manager has overall responsibility for managing and providing technical support to local partner(s) involved in the refugee crisis response, and for contributing to establishing good coordination with PIN’s strategic partners and key stakeholders in Romania.
The programme is implemented in the following counties: Bucharest/ Ilfov, Iasi, Timis, Brasov, Bihor. Availability to travel up to 50% of the time is a must.
The Programme Manager will work under the primary supervision of the Country Director of PIN Moldova and in close cooperation with PIN Moldova and PIN Headquarters.
- Manage and provide technical guidance for PIN’s ongoing programme(s) for refugee assistance in Romania, to ensure their high quality, appropriateness, and comprehensiveness, in conformity with the internal standards and procedures;
- Participation in all relevant coordination meetings;
- Support in updating and reporting to PIN Moldova and PIN Headquarters on the ongoing programme;
- Regular coordination with other relevant PIN’s departments;
- Contributes to improving/developing/expanding PIN’s work through new project ideas and networking;
- Contributes to the evaluation of refugee-related programming to secure follow-up on or expansion of funding for the portfolio as per identified needs;
- Contributes to fundraising activities and proposal development, as per need;
- Support to building capacities of the local partner(s) and transfer of know-how.
What we are looking for:
- University degree in international law, social sciences, international relations, or related discipline;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in working with civil society is a must; experience in working with refugees represents an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead discussions/meetings;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people from different backgrounds, genders, and with special needs;
- Teamwork and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication, networking, and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Romanian.
- Salary as per PIN scale: 1800 – 2400 EUR super gross (depending on the seniority level) + per diems when travelling to country programmes
- Work experience with professional and flexible NGO, the largest one in Central-Eastern Europe
- Accommodation and local transport cost covered
- 2 flights to home country covered per year
- Cost of visas and Vaccination covered
- 25 days of Holidays per year
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on-line
- Travel Insurance
- Participation in enriching annual meetings off all senior staff field in Prague
- Extra benefits for long term employees
- Sick days
- E-learning platform
- Language courses available
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter (no longer than 4 pages altogether) via this application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies).