Project Management Intern in Myanmar
Duty Station: Yangon, Myanmar with potential travel to the field
Line Manager: Social Cohesion Project Manager
The internship duration: 3 - 6 months
Starting date: ASAP
Project Cycle Management
- Assisting the Project Manager in planning by providing input on cultural relevance of projects.
- Assisting in identifying needs and resources needed, maintaining documentation of needs and resources and helping build partner capacity in needs assessments and resource mapping.
- Oversee implementation of community partners, civil society organizations and partner capacity assessment. Develop capacity-building plans and provide mentoring in project management and support as needed.
- Work with the Field Officers and local partners in determining project priorities and proper implementation in target area in line with overall project objectives.
- Support development of peace education materials (provide comments on relevancy of the content and quality).
- Consolidates project learning, progress reports and assessment into reports, profiles and briefers.
- Ensures coordination, collaboration and best practice/lesson learnt sharing with other projects/sectors.
- Document M&E activities working closely with the Field Officers. Makes sure there is timely delivery and quality results, and that appropriate data collection procedures are developed/implemented for accurate tracking of performance indicators.
- Cooperates with Administrative/Financial Officer on financial management of activities and cost-planning, and timely submission of all relevant financial documents from the field.
- Provides quality and timely administrative contributions as requested (reports, evaluation, financial and administrative documents, etc).
Capacity building and learning
- Build capacities of field staff
- Identify needs for capacity building and plan trainings for team members
- Organize trainings and provide consultation to local partners and trainers involved in project
- Assist in design and conduct trainings and support development training materials, manuals and training modules
- Contribute to good team spirit and working relations by communicating in a timely manner, and being willing to work through challenges.
- Provide support and oversight as appropriate to partners to carry out assessments and research.
- Ensure all PIN administration, logistical, human resources and financial procedures are followed in relation to implementation of activities.
- Proactively deal with problems and issues that emerge during the project. Important issues that require immediate action that go beyond your job description and/or resources should be communicated as soon as possible to the Programme Manager.
- Conduct her/himself both professionally and personally according to PIN’s Code of Conduct and project Working Agreements.
- Perform other duties as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER:
PIN covers the post(pre)deployment medical check-ups, costs of vaccinations and travel medical insurance. All other expenses related to the internship are not covered by PIN.
Being an unpaid internship, we can offer you a unique learning experience with a highly motivated team at a well acknowledged development and humanitarian organization. The project you would support contributes to building tolerance amongst youth and various communities of Myanmar. As described above, you would have the chance to learn different aspects of project cycle management, while implementing a 3-years development project in a complex and challenging environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter via this link. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available here).