Project Manager (Southeast Asia)
Tento inzerát je neaktivní.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Type of contract: Working contract
Duration: one year (with the possibility of an extension, depending on funding)
People in Need (PIN) is calling for applications for the position of a Project Manager (Southeast Asia) within the Centre for Human rights and Democracy, with a focus on capacity building of youth civil society actors in digital skills and resilience. The primary goal of People in Need's Centre for Human Rights and Democracy is to support independent individuals and groups in countries with repressive regimes who are the target of persecution, harassment, or arrests because of their opinions or activities, and to strengthen civil society in countries that are going through democratic transformation.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Project Manager will have the ultimate responsibility for project delivery including project consortium management, technical direction and quality assurance, compliance, donor communication, and coordination and representation in areas of responsibility.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and coordinating project activities, primarily focused on capacity building of youth civil society actors in digital skills and resilience in Southeast Asia;
- In cooperation with other members of the department, overseeing implementation and accountability of the project, including financial and narrative reporting, according to donors’ requirements and committed indicators;
- Administration of project documentation;
- In cooperation with other members of the Center, coordinating the organization’s technical assistance for local activities pertaining to media literacy, factchecking, civic journalism and countering mis/disinformation;
- Regular contact with partner organizations and with donors;
- Occasional field monitoring visits to the target (or relevant) countries in Southeast Asia.
- Proactively monitor potential new funding opportunities for PIN through relevant open sources and networking;
- Support with new project proposal writing if requested.
- Monitor developments on issues related to digital rights, media freedom and civil society activism at the national and regional level;
- Ad-hoc advocacy and communications support.
Other tasks as agreed with the line manager.
- University or higher-level degree in human rights, public policy, development studies, journalism, or other related fields;
- At least two years of proven experience at national or international level in the area of project management, partnership and consortium management, monitoring and evaluation – with a focus on civil society development and/or human rights;
- Good understanding of political and human rights issues, trends and media landscape in the region of Southeast Asia;
- Fluency in English. Excellent writing skills in English;
- Excellent organizational and communicational skills;
- Ability to effectively manage time and handle multiple assignments;
- Ability to work well under pressure and react quickly in emergency situations;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team;
- Good understanding of confidentiality and security concerns in relation to civil society activism and protection.
- Relevant experience in independent media activism, digital skill development, protection of journalists and/or digital rights;
- Knowledge of a Southeast Asian language is considered a great advantage;
- Knowledge of Czech language is considered an advantage.
PEOPLE IN NEED OFFERS:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization;
- Interesting and creative work in an international environment;
- Space for personal development and growth;
- Monthly gross remuneration ranging between 43000 CZK and 46000 (for 100% workload) + 25 days of paid leave per year;
- Fully covered work-related trips abroad;
- Home office upon agreement;
- For Prague-based employees: Child daycare for employee’s children (kindergarten in the building of our office in Prague); multisport card for sports and recreation in the Czech Republic; possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival).